Residential Real Estate LawyerAN INNOVATIVE REAL ESTATE ATTORNEY IN SEATTLE.
I am back to being an agent.
For more than a decade, I’ve tried to upend real estate and make it better for the consumer. I think I finally have the winning recipe.
The secret? Bringing technology into the system, and leveraging the internet to allow for dramatic efficiency. That, and charging a reasonable flat fee that returns the commission to something closer to the historic norm.
Since I am once again a member of the NWMLS, I need to work as a real estate broker and not as a lawyer. But you get the same guy!!! Craig Blackmon, an innovative and dedicated real estate professional.
Sell for more, buy for less.
No, it’s not magic. I’ve built a website that gives buyers the tools they need to buy a home online and without using an agent. With no buyer’s agent, the seller saves 3%. One-half of that savings is passed back to the buyer in the form of a reduced asking price. Win, win.
Modern flat commissions.
My real estate firm charges a flat buyer agent’s commission of $4995. Most sellers offer a 3% commission. So at closing, you’ll get a rebate. Probably a really big rebate — on an average Seattle home, about $16k.
- One tour (more at $75/hr)
- Help with pre-offer due diligence (if needed)
- Opinion on value
- One offer and all negotiations needed to get to contract
- Help with due diligence (inspection, title review) and any re-negotiations
- Guidance throughout process
- $500 up front
- $500 due with a contract (no contract, nothing further due)
- Balance due at closing (no closing, nothing further due)
- Rebate of remaining seller-paid commission (usually 3%)
Average Seattle Home = $16k Rebate.