Real Estate Agent is the most commonly used term to describe a person licensed to provide the services associated with the purchase or sale of real estate.  The official legal term in WA is “Real Estate Broker.” Every real estate firm must have a Managing Broker, who is responsible for every Real Estate Broker licensed through the firm.

In almost all instances, a real estate broker who is helping someone buy or sell a home is acting as their legal agent. This means they have certain obligations to the client and can act in a limited extent on the client’s behalf.

Finally, most real estate agents are also members of the National Association of Realtors.  Members of that organization (membership is voluntary) can call themselves Realtors™.  Practically speaking, the terms Agent, Broker, and Realtor™ are synonymous, and they are generally used interchangeably by the public.

Learn about a modern real estate firm in Seattle.

I am also a licensed Managing Broker, and I own It offers a modern flat commission, and listings that are online, automated, and efficient.

Pin It on Pinterest